Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Slipping Into the Airwaves

Hey there, welcome to Slipping Into the Airwaves.  This blog came about because a friend of mine regularly posts to her own blog about her favorite poetry and what it means to her individually.

That's great. I enjoy reading it. But even having been a writer of bad poetry for over a decade now, I usually only skim the actual poetry itself. I've never been inspired by it-- The Waste Land being basically the only notable exception.

Where I find my inspiration is in music lyrics. There's nothing quite like a new CD (MP3?) or two to get me writing again.

The point of this blog is to present some of my favorite lyrics, analyze them and the specific things they bring to mind, the way they interact with music to form a whole, discuss how one style of lyrics can be just as valid as another, and, in general, get you to love these songs as much as I do.

A simple task, then. Care to join me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too much text.

Todd said...

Die.

Post a Comment